frequently asked questions
Insurance agency must be in good standing with a minimum of one-years’ experience. E&O liability minimum limit of $1,000,000 and current licenses in the states where the broker operates.
- Our prompt turnaround on quotes.
- Fast policy issuance
- We listen to our brokers and are considerate of their requests.
- Accessibility to management when problems occur.
- Loss control suggestions and recommendations.
- Personal contact with each and every Broker.
When a broker has a questionable risk to submit, how should they communicate this to their UCA broker?
- Request a pre-inspection prior to binding.
- Request a premium indication.
- UCA inspects each & every risk, new and renewal with no exceptions
- UCA offers suggestions and recommendations for loss prevention
- UCA inspectors often can offer language assistance
No, audits will never be performed on any UCA policy.
There is no minimum earned premium on UCA policies, but the inspection fee is fully earned once the policy is issued.
UCA has partnered with First Insurance Funding to provide a customized billing solution. With First Insurance Funding you can either pay in full or choose 10 payments with 15% down.
Policies with premiums between $1251 and $500,000 will not be charged interest. There is only a flat fee per each installment payment.
First Insurance Funding. Send it to PO Box 3604, Northbrook, IL 60065-3604
Yes. You can pay in full or 15% down with 10 installments. All major credit cards are accepted.
- Cancellation for underwriting reasons may only be done within 60 days of the effective date and must give 30 days’ notice.
- Cancellation for non-compliance of mandatory recommendations may only be done within 60 days of the effective date and must give 30 days’ notice.
- Cancellation for non-payment of premium is 10 days’ notice
- Cancellation can be requested by the broker or the insured. Original policy or signed Cancellation/ Policy Release must be presented with request and may not be back dated for more than 10 days.
Fax or e-mail your request to your Underwriter with detailed policy information. The Loss Run will be provided within 10 working days.
We may issue separate policies for each location or one policy with multi-locations according to the request of the Broker. Multi-location credits will be applied in either instance.
When a submitted application does not meet UCA’s Preferred Program requirements, will a Surplus Lines quote be provided?
At your request, UCA’s sister company, Pacific Excess Insurance Marketing, (PEIM) will provide you with a quote from one of its available markets.